Regional Insight & Effectiveness Manager
Regional Insight & Effectiveness Manager - Finecast
Finecast, a GroupM Nexus company specialising in addressable TV, launched in the UK in September 2017. Finecast enables brands to reach new audiences across all TV environments. We give advertisers the ability to deliver targeted ads to audiences watching TV content across multiple broadcasters, connected devices, set top boxes, over-the-top providers and game consoles – all through a single point of access with standardised measurement.
We serve clients across GroupM agencies, including: Mindshare, Wavemaker, EssenceMediacom and m/SIX & Partners. We also have a designated area of the business to service non-GroupM agencies and client-direct relationships.
We are a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skillsets they bring to our business. We are a rapidly growing organisation that requires a hands-on approach with creative thinking, strong communication skills and a passion for what we do that translates into real energy in our team culture. There is no place for politics – Finecast is a fun, open, honest place to work where we support each other for our mutual success.
About GroupM Nexus
GroupM Nexus brings together 9,000 practitioners globally across ad ops, addressable content & TV, AI, commerce, programmatic, search and social, among others, to deliver transformational outcomes across digital channels and platforms and create exciting new career paths for our people.
About the Marketing Science team
Marketing science (or intelligence) provides data driven insight and consultancy to our agencies and clients to help our clients grow their businesses. Using data to drive solutions and positioning to ensure we are driving client success (and our own future).
- The Insight & Effectiveness Manager is an exciting new role within Finecast’s UK Marketing Science team, reporting into the Insight & Effectiveness Director.
- The successful candidate will play a pivotal part in shaping the way Finecast measures success for our Regional agencies and clients, as well as our non-GroupM clients. The objectives of the role will focus on the continued development of Finecast measurement solutions, with a particular focus on designing solutions suitable for addressing specific client and agency requirements, as well as contributing to industry-leading research into Addressable TV.
- This is a hybrid, Manchester-based role. Regular time spent in our London Office will also be encouraged.
About the Regional team
The Finecast Regional team are based in the Manchester WPP Campus alongside their main agency teams; Wavemaker North and EssenceMediacom North Group. They are a small team consisting of Client Services and Engagement and also have dedicated Operations support. Finecast Regional are a rapidly growing team and have an increasingly complex client base which requires dedicated support in the measurement and effectiveness space.
About the role
This role will collaborate with key internal stakeholders across Finecast and with our clients to bring our businesses closer together, allowing us to respond to their pressures and challenges through innovative measurement solutions. It will also involve building and growing relationships with independent measurement partners, regional and non-GroupM agency teams, and clients. The role will help to inform the development of our internal measurement strategy and future roadmap, which will involve close cooperation with our commercial and product teams. The key responsibilities for the role are:
- Evangelise our measurement offering and advocate for the appropriate use of our suite of measurement tools across Regional and non-GroupM client campaigns to assess campaign effectiveness.
- Work closely with teams at Finecast such as Engagement, Client Services, Product, and Operations to shape the right measurement strategy and implementation for campaigns, in relation to campaign objectives and target audience.
- Lead on the reporting of campaign effectiveness studies to agencies and clients.
- Collate findings from across the suite of measurement solutions and synthesise into learnings that can be shared across the business and feed into campaign planning.
Research and strategy
- Work with the Insight & Effectiveness Director to identify and commission new pieces of research into Addressable TV and the surrounding media landscape.
- Provide input to Finecast’s measurement and research strategy roadmap, as well as collaborating with other internal teams to highlight potential areas for development.
Projects and process
- Manage relationships with Finecast’s external measurement and research partners to ensure projects run smoothly and that key deliverables meet requirements for internal and client dissemination.
- Collaborate with the wider team on the go-to-market implementation on measurement projects, such as the launch of a new solution for the business or enhancements to an existing methodology.
- Work together with the wider Marketing Science team on broader initiatives when needed.
- Provide day to day and strategic Marketing Science support for the Finecast Regional team. This will involve support on client progress plans to ensure feasibility, attendance at key client meetings to report back on results and understand specific campaign requirements.
- Work on client & agency development initiatives, including agency Audience and Measurement training, plus any Finecast regional events.
In this dynamic and compelling role, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and will have strong analytical and storytelling skills, ideally related to advertising or campaign effectiveness. As part of this, you will develop a close working relationship with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong experience of interpreting campaign effectiveness data and ability to connect various pieces of information to create a compelling narrative to be communicated to stakeholders.
- Experience of designing bespoke measurement and effectiveness solutions for clients or in-house teams.
- Proactive approach to troubleshooting and developing client-first, innovative solutions, with an ability to think outside the box.
- Proven track record of delivering impactful presentations to stakeholders and a clear, client-friendly communication style.
- Rigorous attention to detail. The successful candidate will be someone who can spot an error in a dataset, report or presentation and take appropriate action before this becomes an issue.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
- Comfortable manipulating data sets with the ability to interpret what the data means and draw out key insights.
- We are a rapidly growing company and this is a dynamic role that will require a hands-on approach, with a flexible and creative mindset that can turn challenges into business opportunities.
- Determination and a curious mindset. We will provide the training you need but having the right attitude and motivation are key to success.
The below skill sets would be desirable but are not essential for the role:
- Relevant experience within the TV/AV media landscape and experience of campaign effectiveness & measurement techniques, such as Reach & Frequency modelling, in-market A/B testing, creative testing, MMM or attribution modelling.
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Tableau or Looker/Google Data Studio
- Use of web analytics tools, such as Google or Adobe Analytics, for marketing effectiveness.
- Experience of programming languages, such SQL or Python, to manage and query large data sets.
We want to create a world where people truly understand themselves and others and are inspired to make a positive difference in everything they do.
- Belong: we are a diverse and welcoming community, united in our mission to be leaders in addressable TV
- Innovate: we are pioneers, always pushing the boundaries and encouraging new ideas to shape the future of TV
- Respect: we respect our people and our planet, acting with trust and integrity to make each other feel truly valued
- Strive: we strive to create a better world, supporting each other’s growth and development to drive towards success
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement
We are committed to ensuring a diverse and equitable culture which is inclusive for all.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome. We're on a shared journey alongside our clients to becoming a more sustainable business and encourage everyone to be a part of this.