Finecast, a WPP company specialising in addressable TV, launched in the UK in September 2017. As TV audiences’ fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge. Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. Finecast gives advertisers the ability to deliver targeted ads to audiences watching TV content across multiple broadcasters, connected devices, set top boxes, over-the-top providers and game consoles – all through a single point of access with standardised measurement. Finecast optimises delivery across the entire addressable TV marketplace. With access to hundreds of different targeting segments, from socio-economic to life stage, purchase and financial data, advertisers can identify and reach viewers whenever and wherever they are watching.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, MediaCom, Mindshare, Essence and m/SIX. Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions. The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring a strategic advantage to our clients and our companies.
The role objectives
The Operations Executive sits within the Supply Operations team, providing product, data and technical operational support both to our Broadcast and CTV partners and internally.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the role will support Finecast’s supplier relationships, driving them forward by developing new solutions and refining our technical integrations. The team manages a varied workload that requires the ability to be both proactive and reactive, this role is an opportunity to develop skills in several different areas
- Support the delivery and day-to-day management of video integrations with our supply partners
- Develop expertise across Finecast's tech stack; including but not limited to Amobee, Xandr, Freewheel, Pubmatic
- Monitor delivery and performance of the supply partners and be responsible for flagging potential areas of improvement
- Support the Technical Operations Manager on integrating new partners and on technical projects
- Operational set up of publishers and placements within Finecast's Supply Side Platform
- Develop the skills to provide front-line troubleshooting for any technical issues that may arise
- Help provide cross-team technical support to internal commercial, product, account management and analytics teams
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and best practice across the wider Finecast Operations teams
- Support the Technical Operations Manager in triaging and responding to publisher requests
- Develop relationships with publishers and own the day-to-day relationship with several our publisher partners
- Manage the team's regular publisher delivery and performance reporting requirements
- Own the agenda management and administration of publisher meetings
- Assist with the compilation and maintenance of team documentation for internal and external use
- Ensuring you are up to date with the latest developments in video advertising, programmatic and related areas – attending industry webinars and online events is encouraged
- Represent the Supply Ops team in company initiatives such as committees, taskforces or ERGs
- Develop a strong understanding of Finecast's SSP technology and support the wider Finecast teams on supply set up queries
- Support the Technical Operations Manager with publisher integrations, deal/tag set up and troubleshooting
- Provide QA support for new supply set ups within the SSP
- Work with the rest of the team to submit and prioritise requests with our SSP partners
- Contribute to both platform and publisher integration development
What we need from you:
- A skill set gained from experience working within Ad Operations, Campaign Management or a similar role
- Competence in Excel and experience with analysing data
- Experience with Powerpoint or similar presentation software
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- An enthusiastic outlook and a flexible approach to tasks, with the ability to balance a varied workload
- Organised and able to prioritse your own workload
- An interest in the changing digital media and TV landscapes
- Exposure to programmatic troubleshooting and a problem-solving mindset is preferred
About the team:
Finecast in the UK is made up of an expanding team of 50+ people spanning Engagement, Operations, Client Services, Marketing, Business Operations, Finance and Product, Data & Analytics functions. Finecast is a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skillsets they bring to our business.
We are a rapidly growing organisation that require a hands-on approach with creative thinking, strong communication skills and a passion for what we do that translates into real energy in our team culture.
There is no place for politics – Finecast is a fun, open, honest place to work where we support each other for our mutual success.
Finecast Team identity
We believe that brilliant teams attract the next generation of brilliant employees.
Our values matter because they set the tone for the way we behave internally and externally. They are real and lived every day.
Innovate: Through creativity and vision, we evolve.
Belong: Together we promote a sense of self-worth and fulfilment.
Strive: We support each other’s growth and development, to drive success.
Respect: We earn respect through trust and integrity.