Manager, Data & Insights
Manager, Data & Insights
The television industry is in the midst of a sea change in the use of data to make advertising work better for people. At Finecast we are dedicated to building an Advanced TV future that works for all of our clients by using the leading edge technology and data practices.
The Manager, Data & Insights will support Finecast by applying innovation, creativity, and top-notch data science and machine-learning skills to solve specific business problems across the product roadmap.
Key Responsibilities:The key responsibilities for the role are:
- Manage team of Data Scientists who are campaign and industry insights driven within the Finecast Product organization
- Participate actively in all aspects of designing, researching, building, and delivering data-focused solutions for Finecast US
- Solve complex business problems for organizations, leveraging conventional and new age data sources and applying cutting-edge advanced analytics techniques.
- Leverage and collaborate with Finecast US Engagement, Innovation Strategy, and global team members, partnering with individuals based out of our Data Engineering team to deliver rapid results.
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as: additional client-based projects.
- Build parameterized dashboards to monitor both machine learning performance metrics and funnel metrics important to the business;
- Initiate and lead new modeling projects as well as support initiatives spearheaded by Product;Design and implement efficient pipelines both for model maintenance and for model deployment;
- Pitch your ideas and present your results to stakeholders including our CRM (customer relationship management) team, Product, and others.
- Bring new and innovative ideas and approaches to develop business solutions.
- Identify, leverage, develop, and demonstrate expertise in emerging technologies, open source tools, and harnesses new techniques (e.g., machine learning
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- 3+ years experience in working with R, SAS, SQL and Python to create data models through statistical analysis and/or machine learning models
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Math, Computer Science, or Sciences is preferred
- Working knowledge of a Google Cloud Platform inclusive of the Cloud Compute and BigQuery layers
- Ability to structure and lead rigorous analyses of both quantitative and qualitative information
- Media Industry experience is a nice to have
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to lead and facilitate discussions
- Ability to organize and present complex information in a clear and concise manner to small and large groups
- Experience in or willingness to work with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- High level of comfort dealing with ambiguity and change; must be able to translate business gaps into analytics problems
About GroupM: GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $113B in annual media investment through agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM creates competitive advantage for advertisers via its worldwide organization of media experts who deliver powerful insights on consumers and media platforms, trading expertise, market-leading brand-safe media, technology solutions, addressable TV, content, sports and more. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm GroupM embraces and celebrates diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.The base salary for this position at the time of this posting may range from $60,000 to $140,000. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including business needs, experience, level of responsibility and qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits package, please visit https://www.wpp.com/people/wellbeing/benefits-at-wpp-in-the-us for more details.