Senior Account Manger, Client Services
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, Mediacom, Mindshare, Essence and MSix.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring a strategic advantage to our clients and our companies.
GroupM, the media investment group of WPP, launched Finecast UK in September 2017, Australia in 2018 and Canada officially launched in March 2020 - Delivering digital-like precision and accountability to advertising on the most powerful advertising and branding medium - television.
As TV audiences fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand and streaming TV environments. It helps advertisers define and reach a singlulary defined audience across multiple broadcasters. All Finecast campaigns are inherently viewable, running on TV screens within high-quality, brand-safe content with no ad blocking.
Each Finecast campaign is custom built around the advertiser’s audience target or response objective for TV campaigns and provides a more targeted and faster path to market than traditional linear TV advertising.
The SAM will be responsible for client relationship, retention, up-selling and managing the campaigns overall success and agency experience from brief to post campaign analysis.
There are four primary functions involved in the Senior Account Manager role, outlined below.
The Senior Account Manager does this by reviewing and challenging the brief as received and working with our Operations team to select the appropriate product(s) which meet the brief. A crucial component in this design is the specification of client performance KPI expectations.
This role will also be responsible for the maintenance of sales pipeline information, which in turn aids accurate forecasting, and inventory management across the business.
Another of the Client Services group functions is the ability to project manage the campaigns going live. This function requires top-class attention to detail, confidence, and organisation to ensure that all internal and external teams provide what is needed to get the campaign live.
The Client Services team, along with Operations, have ultimate responsibility for campaign delivery and pacing. The Senior Account Manager also has ultimate responsibility of monitoring performance vs agreed KPIs and ensuring that action is taken in the event of underperformance.
End Of Campaign
The Senior Account Manager gathers all final performance statistics and delivers this back to the client. This reporting needs to be insightful, and proactively look at ways to deliver roll-out success.
The Client Services team’s primary responsibility is to deliver exceptional client service at all times. This includes working closely with the client team to understand their needs, providing timely responses to any requests, and advocating for them across our internal and supplier teams.
Reponsible for supporting VP Client Services and Engagement team in managing quarterly forecast accuracy and flagging dollars at risk and educating existing clients. Ensuring junior team adheres to a gold standard of client service.
The successful candidate will enjoy a large degree of independence and is expected to execute proactively against assigned projects. As such Finecast are looking for a well tenured candidate for this role with experience in Operational Account Management, Campaign Planning and Campaign Delivery.
The day to day responsibilities of the Senior Account Manager will vary, however they are expected to focus on the following areas of activity:
- Work with agency and relevant internal teams to up-sell and cross-sell (and secure re-bookings)
- Retention of business due to excellent campaign delivery and results
- Work with Engagement to prepare and deliver against quarterly forecasts.
Responding to briefs
- Request / chase briefs from agency buyers on existing clients
- Support Engagement in answering RFPs from agency buyers on existing clients
- Responsible and accountable for monitoring performance and delivery KPIs ensuring that action is taken in the event of under-performance.
- Ensure appropriate commentary and reporting is available both throughout the campaign and at the end.
- Troubleshoot issues with the support of the wider team
- Foster good working relationships with agency teams & manage their expectations
- Ensure agencies receive a high level of client service
Skills and Behaviours
- Ability to work independently with limited input once objectives have been set.
- Articulate & strong communicator and capable of building relationships with clients
- Personable person with capacity to communicate clearly and be assertive with internal and external parties
- Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Attention to detail with regards media booking, finance and delivery
- Strong sense of initiative and personal ownership
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks successfully
- Experience in managing key clients and maintain long term external client relationships
- 3-5 years experience in either agency planning or account management
- Strong understanding of agency television planning and buying
- Experience in developing campaign strategy and KPIs.